Friday, July 18, 2014

High Five for Friday + An Announcement!

Today's post is brought to you by my mom's laptop because mine is currently visiting Tech Support.

Remember the keyboard issues I started having a few months ago? They recently got, like, 1,294,329 times worse. It was basically unusable. And since a keyboard is kind of an important part of a laptop, it was time to get it fixed.

I'm really digging deep to find 5 things to share with you guys from this week. It was fairly unproductive but I'll do my best.

1. I had family in town last week, which I mentioned. On Friday, we ate lunch at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants and then did some antique shopping. We visited this store that is PACKED with lots of vintage clothes, jewelry, furniture, even old letters and photos! It was amazing. I bought an antique hand-painted plate, which I have been meaning to start collecting for awhile. (Now my collection has officially started!)


2. On Saturday I did some baking:

Cinnamon roll blondies and chocolate chip cookie dough bites.

3. Okay, this is small and probably something only I care about. But last week I got my windshield wiper blades replaced on my car, because my old ones were torn. They were literally SO BAD. So bad. Unless it was pouring rain it wasn't even worth using them because they only made it harder to see. Anyway, I got them replaced and it rained today so I got to use them! It is the difference between night and day. 

4. I found this brilliant piece of English-nerd happiness and I can't stop watching it.


5. I've really been enjoying reading this series on blogging by Lauren of Elle & Company Design. (Have you checked out her blog? It's one of my faves.) If you're new to blogging, or even if you're a pro, you should definitely check out this series.

Which brings me to my announcement!

Lauren's most recent post detailed how to write quality blog content, and part of that included scheduling out your posts ahead of time. I've been having trouble coming up with content lately, but as soon as I read this post, my mind exploded with ideas.

I have so many interests, some of which I will probably never blog about, but many which I absolutely will. This is a lifestyle blog, but the main purpose behind it is to encourage and inspire. However, encouragement and inspiration can come in many different forms.

I came up with a sort of "post schedule" -- certain topics on certain days. It is the following:

Monday will continue to be Monday Smiles: a little bit of inspiration to kick off your week.

On Tuesday, I will write about whatever my little heart desires (that doesn't fit into one of the other categories). A funny story, a favorite recipe, a how-to...whatever's on my mind. I'm still coming up with a name for this one. I'm seriously considering Enchilada Tuesday, as in "the whole enchilada," as in anything and everything will be talked about on this day. Other options are: Topical Tuesday, Two-Trillion Topics Tuesday, Totally Tuesday, Tubular Tuesday (or Totally Tubular Tuesday...), Tuesday: Unchained, or you know, it could just not have a name. Vote for your favorite! (Write-in candidates are accepted. And encouraged.)

Since I am a girl who is clearly obsessed with girly things (read: makeup, fashion, anything sparkly), Wednesdays will be, for the time being, known as Women's Day (get it? It sounds like Wednesday...). I'm going to come up with a better title for that, but for now that's all I've got.

Thursday will be home to all my deep, intellectual musings (such as my posts about insecurity and happiness), appropriately entitled Thursday Thoughts.

Fridays will stay the same (High Five for Fridays), at least for now. I enjoy getting to look back on my week and focusing on the highs instead of the lows.

For now, I'm not promising posts 5 days a week. I'll be working my way up to that, BUT when I do post I will be sticking to this schedule. So, let's review with a pop quiz.

Next week I will post a Birchbox vs. Ipsy review. What day will this be posted on?

If you said Tuesday, you are wrong.

The correct answer is Wednesday!

Okay, I think you've got the idea. So now you know what day to check back here depending on what topics you're most interested in. (Boys, stay away from Wednesday...that means you, Dad).

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Linking up with Lauren Elizabeth.

No comments :

Post a Comment