Monday, July 21, 2014

A Love Note to Joey, Jr.

No Monday Smiles today because this is far more important.

On this day, July 21, 2014, a beloved member of the Holiday family has returned home after falling victim to a terrible keyboard disease.

He underwent an emergency keyboard transplant, and now all keys are functioning as normal.

Welcome home, Joey, Jr.

In your absence, I wrote you this note. I hope you like it.

Dear Joey, Jr.,

They say you don't know what you've got until it's gone. You also don't know how much you use your laptop for until it breaks.

While you were gone, I was lost. I wanted to write a blog post, but I couldn't without you. I wanted to fill out job applications, but I couldn't without you. I wanted to research something, ANYTHING, but I couldn't without you.

Everything I either wanted or needed to do, I couldn't without you.

I tried watching TV. But I got bored. I got bored of watching TV. Has anyone ever known me to get bored of watching TV? No. The answer is no.

I spent hours cutting up old magazines and gluing pieces into a notebook to make the ultimate book of beauty tips. I was desperate.

I begged my mom to play a board game with me. She did, only we don't have many board games. We played The Game of Life. She stole my $100,000 salary card. Twice. I lost my job. Twice. But the joke's on her, because I had two beautiful daughters and she had none (but also on me, because she kept landing on the spaces where she would have to pay the teacher -- me -- and then not have to pay anything because she had no kids).

As you can see, times were tough without you near. It was hard, but I made it through. But please, never, ever leave me again.

Sincerely,
Kayla

No comments :

Post a Comment