Friday, June 13, 2014

High Five for Fridays: A Distraction From My New Phobia.

Does anyone else ever have nightmares about elevators?

I'm talking broken elevators, hanging on by a thread, going super fast to the wrong floor and people falling down elevator shafts.

No? I'm the only one?

I have them ALL. THE. TIME. I swear, I'm one bad elevator dream away from never setting foot on one again. I'm really starting to develop an elevator phobia. (Side note: Did you know there's no official name for the fear of elevators? How do they have a name for "fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth" [arachibutyrophobia] but not for elevators???)

Anyway, enough about how awfully terrifying and risky elevators are. Let's talk about something happy, shall we?



My week was incredibly busy. But it was a good busy!

I have SO much going on at work these days. I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden I'm finding myself wondering how I'm going to get everything done. And outside of work, I've had several other things I'm working on as well. (Spoiler alert: some of these "things" involve this blog!)

More details on those things later. But for now: my favorite moments from the week.

1. I bought these amazing heart-shaped sunglasses. They make me so happy.

They are from Urban Outfitters if you want to get a pair for yourself. We can be twins!

2. My summer church group started! I will officially be playing sand volleyball every Wednesday night this summer. I always forget how much I love volleyball until I get on the court.

3. Sunday after church I went and saw The Fault in Our Stars. I enjoyed the time spent with my friends, but I have to say I'm not a big fan of sappy romantic movies. Romantic comedies I love, but the tearjerkers are hard for me to watch because I'm not a cryer. I just end up feeling really heartless.

Case and point: At what should be the saddest part of The Fault in Our Stars, I actually started laughing because of the hysterical sobbing heard around the theater. That sounds really terrible, but you should have heard it. It was ridiculous.

4. My cat and I bonded. At the same time, she managed to block me from achieving any and all goals that did not involve me laying in that exact spot on my bed. She's really good at multitasking being cute and inconvenient.


5. This video made me smile. Check out his other stuff, too. He's insanely talented.


What are your plans for the weekend? My best friend's birthday is tomorrow, and I may or may not have yet to find a present for her...so I may or may not be working on that after work today.

Also tomorrow is Flag Day! In case you didn't know and needed an excuse to be patriotic.

And don't forget to celebrate your dad on Sunday! Another present I may or may not still have to get...

I hope you all have a fun and safe weekend! I have big things planned for the blog next week, so stay tuned!

Linking up with Lauren Elizabeth.

No comments :

Post a Comment