Friday, June 27, 2014

High Five for Friday: Because It Is In Fact Friday.

I had no idea today was Friday. Hence the delay on this post.

I blame my new work schedule. And also my sleep deprivation.

I've been having some trouble sleeping lately, and it's starting to affect my sanity.

The other day I was driving down the highway, and -- I kid you not -- I saw a giant gray monkey climbing over the railing, like some real life version of Planet of the Apes. Or King Kong.

As it turns out, it was just a plastic bag, but it seriously gave me a mini heart attack and I almost wrecked my car.

That same day I also almost ran a red light because I imagined it turning green.

I'm not sure if this is better or worse than the elevator nightmares.

When I wasn't hallucinating/making up my own reality, I actually did a few really fun things that aren't as funny but definitely worth mentioning.



1. I moved out of my "pay-$60-a-month-for-a-professional-gel-manicure-phase" and into a new, more adventurous DIY phase. I did something terrible to my nails to get the shellac off since I didn't have the 100% acetone required -- I sanded it off with a nail file. It worked, but my nails really hurt afterward...anyway, here is my first attempt at being creative with my nails:

Reason #1 that gel manicures are better: this masterpiece lasted approximately 30 hours before I had to remove and repaint.

2. One of my friends at work is SUPER crafty and makes cards, and she hosts these card-making parties every once in awhile which I really enjoy. This time we made 5 cards with envelopes and they are so cute! Look:

I think the thank you card is my favorite, but it's really hard to choose.

3. I was super productive on blog posts this week! Well up until today, that is. My favorite is my rose cupcake tutorial. If you're into baking or cupcake decorating at all then you must check out this post!

4. I made 212 cupcakes between yesterday and today for a wedding tomorrow. Yes, it's true. I really am Superwoman.

All the ingredients. That's 8 lbs of butter, people.

5. Tonight, I went to a really fun, um...wedding shower. That's what we'll call it. ;)

Tomorrow, I'm delivering the cupcakes I made! I'm excited to hear if people like them. But now, I'm going to bed because I don't care what anybody says, baking is hard work and I'm exhausted.

Merry Friday to all and to all a good night!

Linking up with Lauren Elizabeth.

No comments :

Post a Comment