Saturday, August 16, 2014

High Five for Saturday: Because Friday Was Too Mainstream.

I never got around to posting this yesterday, so I thought about just skipping it this week. But then I remembered how awesome this week was, and it needed to be shared. So I'm switching things up, breaking all the rules, and posting on Saturday! (I know, I'm a rebel).

Not that my posting was that regular anyway (I'll get there eventually, I promise), but it's definitely going to be pretty sporadic the next couple of weeks as I prepare for school. Just a heads up. 

This week was a week of change for me. I left my job of four years and I started training for my new teaching job. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed since school starts in a week and I was a last minute hire and I've got a lot to do. But my new coworkers are so helpful so I know it will all work out.

I also crossed two things off my bucket list this week! Details below.

Here are some of my favorite moments from the week:


1. Obviously, the new job takes the number 1 spot for the week. And the month. And probably the year. It's a big deal, and #11 on the bucket list.


2. Leaving my old job was not really a highlight, but there were some perks! Such as the fun party they threw me, the kind words they said about me, the card they all signed, and the cupcakes they made! I miss it so much already.

3. ALSO, #34 on my bucket list -- my Hogwarts letter finally came! They missed having me as a student but now I get to go as a professor. ;) Best day ever.


4. I had Chickfila last night. Yes. That actually made this list.

5. I've really loved getting to meet everyone not just at my school, but in the entire district. Everyone is so nice and friendly and I just love it. It's a small district, so we're kind of like a big family which is exactly what it was like at my old job, so the transition was easy. Making friends is definitely nothing I need to worry about.

How was your week? I'm not even going to bother linking up since I'm so late, haha. I hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment