Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Top 10 of the 2010s.

Happy New Year's Eve!!

I cannot believe that not only have we reached the end of 2019, we have reached the end of the entire 2010s DECADE! Crazy.

If you followed along with me before my 3 year hiatus, you know how much I love new year's and reflecting on the past year. This year, in honor of 2020, I'm kicking it up a notch.

Behold: my top 10 moments of the decade.

The 2010s was a pretty big decade for me. Honestly I don't know that I'll have another decade quite as productive as this one in my lifetime. I was 16 years old at the beginning of the decade, and now 26 as it ends. I visited 2 countries and 7 states, had 5 job changes, got 4 new pets (and lost 4, too), and transitioned through about 6 different life stages. Obviously there have been both great times and challenging times, but overall I can say that I don't regret a thing! So, without further ado, my top 10 of the 2010s.


10. Our family cruise.

In January 2013, my family went on a cruise for the first time ever! It was so much fun. We visited Progreso and Cozumel, Mexico. I swam with dolphins, learned the Thriller dance, and got a massage on the beach. It was amazing.


9. Canada mission trip.

In June/July of 2011, I went on a mission trip with my church youth group to Canada for 2 weeks. We spent time in Winnipeg and Grand Rapids in Manitoba, and Calgary, Alberta. I was part of the band that played at various events we put on, which was an amazing experience. We helped organize block parties for churches, build a campground for Indians, and lead a conference for students. Such an amazing opportunity!


8. Getting my driver's license & buying my first car.

I turned 16 in 2009, but didn't actually get my license until July 2010. Coincidentally, I also got my first real job the same day! I saved up my money and purchased my first car - a silver 2000 Honda CRV - on my 18th birthday in 2011.


7. Graduating high school.

The first two years of high school was rough, but the last 2 are full of wonderful memories. I was one of those people who was really sad high school was over, but of course, I'm still glad I graduated! I was the valedictorian of my graduating class (of 8...before you get too impressed).


6. Graduating college...one year after graduating high school.

NOW you may be impressed. :) 


5. Starting my career and my own business.

After graduating college, I went on to be a teacher for 5 years. It was mostly great...but there were also a few times I wanted to quit. I started out teaching kindergarten, then went on to teach 3rd grade for 2 years, then 2nd for 2 years. During my first year in 2nd grade I started my own business selling teaching resources online. I also run a teacher blog here if you're interested in learning more! I now run my business/stay at home with my baby (we'll get to that) full time.


4. Buying a house.

While we were engaged, my husband and I purchased our first house! No picture of this one...I'm not interested in the entire internet seeing where I live. Enjoy this picture of me and my husband in our first Christmas in our house instead.


3. Met, dated, and got engaged to my (now) husband.

I'm running out of numbers so I have to squeeze this all into one! Aaron and I aren't exactly sure when we met, but it wasn't before 2012 (though there's a strong likelihood that at some point throughout our childhood we were at the same place at the same time given how close we grew up from each other). I think it was one of those things where we knew who the other person was, but never really *officially* met. Our first date was actually exactly 5 years ago, on New Year's Eve. We dated for a year and a half, and then got engaged on May 15th, 2016. You can read that story here.


2. Had a baby.

The only reason this isn't number one is because it wouldn't have happened if number one hadn't. However, the BEST thing that happened in 2019 by FAR was of course, the birth of our son, Jackson Riley. 


1. Getting married.

By far the best moment of the decade was getting married. Our wedding was amazing, but the husband is even better. ;) We got married on October 28th, 2016 and lived happily ever after (well, we are still humans, but we do the best we can). 



As you can see, God has been so faithful to me and my family in the last 10 years! What are YOUR favorite moments from the decade? I'd love for you to share them with me in the comments!

Happy 2020!

No comments :

Post a Comment